A Launch Event for the Course Thread "Old Things: The Past in the Present"
Thursday, March 15th, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Keynote by Hans Sluga (Philosophy): What has History to do with me?
- Reception to follow.
Friday, March 16th, 9:00 am - 1:15 pm
- Erich Gruen (Classics): Did Ancient Identity Depend on Ethnicity?
- Michael Nylan (History): Money: What the Ancients knew that Moderns forget
- Carolyn Merchant (Environmental Science): 'For Want of a Horse' Revisited: Thucydides' Account of the Peloponnesian War
- Benjamin Porter (Near Eastern Studies): Commemorating Disability in Ancient Dilmun: An Archaeology
Friday, March 16th, 2:15 pm - 5:30 pm
- Niklaus Largier (German): Erich Auerbach and 'Historische Topologie'
- Daniel Boyarin (Rhetoric): On the Genealogy of Religion
- Ramona Naddaff (Rhetoric): Painful Listening: Plato on the Use of Music Torture