Ph.D. in History of Science; Secondary Field in Film and Visual Studies, Harvard University
M. Phil. in History and Philosophy of Science and M.A. in Mathematics, King’s College, University of Cambridge
B.A. in Mathematics and Physics, M.A. in Mathematics, Columbia College and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Columbia University
- 7325 Dwinelle
"A Wary Alliance: From Enumerating the Environment to Inviting Apprehension," (with Nicholas Shapiro and Jody Roberts) Engaging Science, Technology, and Society 3 (Sep 2017).
“Scientific Humanisms and Technological Utopias: Situating the Transhumanist Imagination,” in Perfecting Human Futures: Technology, Secularization and Eschatology (Springer, 2016)
"Exhibiting Cosmos," Technology & Culture vol. 56, no. 3 (2015): 738-744.
“Is History Still a Fraud?” Historical Studies in the Natural Sciences vol. 43, no. 5 (2013): 631-641.
“Making Knowledge Whole: Genres of Synthesis and Grammars of Ignorance.” Historical Studies in the Natural Sciences vol. 42, no. 5 (2012): 432-475.
“Poetics of Brotherhood: Organic and Mechanistic Narrative in Late Tolstoi” (with Ilya Kliger). Slavic Review (Winter 2011): 754-772.
“Optimal Voting Rules for Two Member Tenure Committees” (with Colin Rowat and Ian Ayres). Social Choice and Welfare vol. 36, no. 2 (2011): 323-354.
“Organic and Mechanistic Time and the Limits of Narrative” (with Ilya Kliger). Configurations vol. 15, no. 3 (2007 [c. 2009]): 331-353.
“To Insure Prejudice: Racial Disparities in Taxicab Tipping,” (with Ian Ayres and Fred Vars). Yale Law Journal vol. 114 (2005): 1613-1674.
- Special Topics in Rhetoric (FL 2018)
- Rhetorical Theory (SP 2018)
- Technology and Culture (SP 2018)
- Contemporary Rhetorical Theory (FL 2017)
- Science, Narrative, and Image (FL 2017)
- Special Topics in Rhetoric (SP 2017)
- Rhetoric of Scientific Discourse (SP 2017)
- Rhetorical Theory (FL 2016)
- Introduction to Practical Reasoning (FL 2016)
- Rhetorical Theory and Criticism (SP 2016)
- Special Topics in Rhetoric (SP 2016)