To meet the minimal requirements of the doctoral program, PhD students must complete the following requirements within this schedule:
- Rhetoric 200, 205, and 2 other seminars, at least one of which is a Rhetoric seminar
- Rhetoric 230, and 2 other seminars. By the end of the second year 2 elective Rhetoric seminars and one outside seminar will have been completed.
- Fulfillment of first foreign language requirement
- Successfully pass the written MA Examination
- Successfully pass the MA Review
- Fulfillment of second foreign language requirement (by the end of 1st semester)
- Establish a Qualifying Examination Committee and the three Fields of examination (by the end of the 1st semester)
- Successfully pass the written and oral Qualifying Examinations (by the end of the 2nd semester).
- Establish a Dissertation Committee (by the beginning of the 1st semester)
- File an approved Dissertation Prospectus (by the end of the 1st semester)